Friday, July 9, 2010

SPX Showing Signs of Weakness

Here is my irregular flat count for the S&P 500. The reason I favour this count is because the wave I have labeled as black wave B fits perfectly as a 3 wave move, and looks awkward when labeled as an impulse which ever way the sub-waves are labeled. Wave 2 retracements are normally deep and sharp however this shallow flat is a warning sign of impending weakness. I expect the final wave of this correction (black C) will likely be a failure as well (not reach the end of black wave A), which is also be a sign of weakness. Once this correction is complete I expect a very hard and fast fall straight through the 1000 level. This will likely occur as levels of negative press about the US and it's imploding economy increase. If there is one trade I want to be in for the rest of this year it is short US equities.

1 comment:

  1. Found your count very helpful. Your labeling made more sense than many others I have seen on the web. I went with it in positioning my trades with good results.
    Thanks,
    Tuffmug

    ReplyDelete