Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SPX Could be Completing an Ending Diagonal

Here is a possible Ending Diagonal count for the SPX. I have put in a black count showing the ED pretty much complete as I write this, and a red count with another possible wave up to come before a reversal. Either way a break of the bottom trend line should offer a good signal to get short with a stop above the previous high. If this move down complete as an ED it will be the C wave of a large zig-zag from 1007.4, and I expect that price will reverse sharply from the high as it begins falling in a large 3 of 3. I have just taken a short from the top trend line in anticipation for a collapse. Anyone who follows me knows I have been trying to get on at the top of this move for some time. More conservative traders may want to wait for a confirmed break of the bottom trend line before getting short.

2 comments:

  1. It is diagonal, but not ending diagonal.

    Ending diagonal cannot be start from the bottom of the chart, it is possible only in W5 and C wave positions.

    Could be leading diagonal also.

    I had sometimes used and even traded this kind of bottom diagonals myself but havent found anyone would document them anywhere what it is in EW terms actually.

    Summer Regards,
    http://just-charts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Abel you must have misread the chart I posted I didn't put the "C" in because there wasn't enough room for me to do so once I'd already labeled everything else. The entire ED is supposed to be a C of 2 not a 2 complete. Take a look at a Daily chart and you will see what I mean - there is an ABC from the low and this is just a zoom of the C section. That said however this scenario is looking less and less likely by the minute. I now think we will likely continue to edge higher until US GDP stats are released on Friday.

    ReplyDelete