Tuesday, March 30, 2010

USD/CAD Trade Idea

Here is a 4 Hour Chart of the USD/CAD pair. As you can see price bounced off the 38.2% Fibonacci in what looks to be a consolidatory fourth wave. The EW guideline of alternation fits perfectly with this count, with wave 2 being short and sharp and retracing greater than 61.8% of wave 1, and wave 4 being slower and flatter having only retraced around 38.2% of wave 3.

Below is a 30 minute chart showing a possible count for the correction and the Fibonacci levels where I will be looking to short from. 1.025 is the spot where I will be placing my sell order, and I'll be keeping my stops at 1.031. The more conservative investor may prefer to put their stop at the wave 1 low around 1.038. If price moves beyond this level this count will be invalidated.

No comments:

Post a Comment